Our Claims Philosophy
At Cannon, our vision is to be the preferred lifetime financial wellness partner, with a reputation for innovation and trustworthiness. We are committed to enhancing the lifetime financial wellness of our clients, their communities and their businesses.
We understand that there is no better moment to prove ourselves as a trustworthy partner to our customers, than at the point of claim. We will go out of our way to ensure that all claims are treated with:
We are committed to delivering on our contractual promise in our policy by paying all valid claims. We aim to be fair and to use common sense in ensuring that we honour the spirit of the policy– and explain our decision to you in a language that’s easy to understand.
We will deal with every claim in as timely a manner as possible, so that we can ensure you get back on your feet as quickly as possible.
We will work together with our clients, their representatives and our service providers to ensure a high level of service during the entire claims process.
We will keep you updated on the progress of your claim with regular transparent communication throughout the claims process.
What can you expect from us once you report a claim?
- We will acknowledge the claim and advice you on the documents we require in support of your claim
- We will assign you a claims representative to handle your claim and to keep you updated on the progress of your claim.
- We recognize that your circumstances are unique and we will treat you as an individual to support you through the claims process.
- We will assess your claim and if need be appoint external experts (Medical Panel) to establish the extent of loss or to obtain any further information required with respect to your claim.
- We will notify you of our decision with respect to your claim in a timely manner and will provide the reasons for our decision.
- We will respond in a timely manner to any complaints raised by our clients during the claims process or concerning any claims decision and will endeavor to have the same resolved internally.
- We will provide our clients with information on how they can have any complaints that have not been resolved internally, resolved externally and impartially.
- We will ensure that all valid claims are paid in a timely manner.
What do you need to do in the event of an incident that will lead to a Claim?
- Report the matter immediately to our office or Insurance Broker/Agent.
- Provide all the required documents to support your claim.
- Co-operate with our staff and appointed agents/service providers to ensure your claim is concluded as fast as possible.
Our Claims Handbook will give you further direction on what you need to do in the event of a claim.