Cannon General Insurance (K) Ltd is seeking to fill the below-listed position with a dynamic, forward-thinking
achiever with expertise in Business Development and Underwriting. If the position described below fits your
skills and ambitions, we will be excited to hear from you.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the Business Developer will
- Accelerate growth of the underwritten premiums by acquiring and introducing to the Company new
partners while maintaining and growing already established partnerships in fulfillment of the overall
growth strategy of the company.
- Manage relationships and act as the point of contact for the allocated relationships.
- Evaluate and analyze Insurance risk against set criteria to determine acceptance terms, compliance
processing and administration.
Primary duties & responsibilties
- Undertake sales activities and business sourcing to ensure achievement of monthly business targets
both in revenue and portfolio mix.
- Follow through on renewal of existing business to achieve the agreed retention rate.
- Actively identify and pursue prospective new business avenues/ relationships with suitable partners
- Collaborate with technical staff to ensure proper underwriting parameters are followed in risk
assessment and risk acceptance.
- Strict adherence to cash and carry guidelines and undertake premium collection for all authorized
credit extended to clients.
- Prepare and dispatch underwriting and policy documents within the set TATS and communicate to
intermediaries on confirmation of policy documentation receipt, endorsements and others.
- Ensure adherence to all sales, underwriting and compliance guidelines for all business engagements.
- Actively establish and pursue superior client relationship management practices to ensure efficient
- Engage with clients and seek to resolve all their queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance or related field.
- IIK/CII qualifications.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Computer Literacy.
- Experience in both Life and General Business Development / Marketing is an added advantage
Required skills and Competencies
- Good understand of general business insurance principles and practices in Kenya.
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Keen attention to details with a high level of accuracy
- Self-driven, flexible, and agile with strong work ethic
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to forward their cover letter and curriculum vitae via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com